Living a Kingdom lifestyle on Earth as it is in Heaven is a central teaching of the Bible. It is a call to live our lives in accordance with God’s will, to reflect His character, and to participate in His purposes on Earth. Here are a few steps to help you live this way:
- Seek first the Kingdom of God: The Bible teaches that the Kingdom of God is not only a future reality but also a present one. Jesus said, “Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you” (Matthew 6:33).
This means that our top priority should be to align our lives with God’s purposes and to seek His righteousness in all that we do. We should seek to honor Him with our thoughts, words, and actions.
- Follow Jesus’ example: Jesus is the ultimate example of how to live a Kingdom lifestyle. He embodied the values of the Kingdom and showed us what it means to love God and love others. Jesus taught us to be humble, to serve others, and to be merciful.
He also showed us what it means to be obedient to God’s will, even to the point of death. As we follow Jesus’ example, we can become more like Him and reflect His character to the world.
- Be transformed by the renewing of your mind: The Bible teaches that we should not conform to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of our minds (Romans 12:2). This means that we should allow God to transform our thinking so that we can see the world from His perspective.
We should seek to align our thoughts with His thoughts, our values with His values, and our desires with His desires. As we allow God to renew our minds, we will become more like Him and better able to live a Kingdom lifestyle.
- Live a life of prayer: Prayer is a powerful tool for living a Kingdom lifestyle. It is through prayer that we communicate with God, seek His guidance, and express our gratitude and worship. Prayer also helps us to align our will with God’s will and to seek His Kingdom first.
Jesus taught us to pray, “Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven” (Matthew 6:10). As we pray for God’s Kingdom to come, we are acknowledging that His purposes are greater than our own and that we are willing to submit to His will.
- Love God and love others: The two greatest commandments are to love God and love others (Matthew 22:37-39). Living a Kingdom lifestyle means putting these two commands into practice. We should seek to love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength, and to love our neighbor as ourselves.
This means putting others’ needs before our own, showing kindness and compassion, and being willing to serve and sacrifice for others. As we love God and love others, we reflect the character of God and fulfill His purposes on Earth.
Living a Kingdom lifestyle on Earth as it is in Heaven is not always easy. It requires surrendering our own desires and submitting to God’s will. It also requires humility, obedience, and a willingness to serve others. However, as we seek to live this way, we will experience the abundant life that God has promised us (John 10:10).
We will also become agents of His Kingdom on Earth, helping to bring His purposes to fruition and showing the world what it means to live in accordance with His will.
Starting to live a Kingdom lifestyle can be a bit uneasy. Do you need help getting started? A Christian Life Coach is exactly who you need to help. They have been where you are, and can help you get past that first brick wall of self-doubt.
Schedule your free discovery chat. Let’s discuss your areas of concern, and how we can work together to get past that hurdle.